Tropical Overnight Oats
Overnight oats are an easy, nutritious, and filling breakfast option to satisfy you all the way until lunch. You can eat them cold, straight out of the fridge or warm them up, which make them a great breakfast, all year round!
As long as you have your liquid and oats in the jar, the variations and ingredient options are endless! I typically like to include fruit, ground flax, hemp hearts, and oat milk!
In this variation, I've included the magic of Yerba mate tea. Instead of adding milk or water, I brewed a large cup of Zappyo Pina Elektra tea, let it cool and added it as the liquid base. By doing this, it adds a boost of natural caffeine, antioxidants and helps support energy and focus - the perfect formula to start the day. Since the weather is warming up, I went with Zappyo's Pina Elektra tea and added some bright and tropical ingredients like pineapple and shredded coconut. This recipe would be best served cold in your favourite sunny spot.
Tropical Overnight Oats:
1 cup of quick oats
2/3 cup of brewed Zappyo Pina Elektra tea
2 tablespoons of unsweetened shredded coconut
3 tablespoons of coconut yogourt
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 cup of diced fresh pineapple
1/4 of a banana, thinly sliced
Top with pineapple and banana
1. Brew the Pina Elektra Zappyo tea and let it steep until very strong and slightly cooled.
2. Add all of the ingredients to a mason jar.
3. Combine thoroughly and put it in the fridge overnight.
4. Top with more fresh pineapple and banana in the morning.
5. Serve cold straight from the fridge.
6. Find your favourite sunny spot and enjoy the flavours of the beach!
Purchase this delicious and unique tea flavour by click the image below. Use promo code: QUINCYB10 for a discount!