Rainbow Rice Krispies
Looking for a tasty and easy treat to take to a small outdoor Pride celebration? These Rice Krispie treats will be the perfect addition to the table!
The Pride flag is a symbol of LGBTQ2S+ Pride and social movements. Although there have been several revisions since, the flag originated in San Francisco in 1978 by artist Gilbert Baker. Each colour has a specific meaning:
Red = Life
Orange = Healing
Yellow = Sunlight
Green = Nature
Indigo = Serenity
Violet = Spirit
Rainbow Rice Krispies:
2 cups of marshmallows
6 tablespoons of vegan butter
7.5 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
3/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Food Colouring - green, yellow, red, blue
1. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, add 1 tablespoon of vegan butter, 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1/3 cup of marshmallows.
3. Microwave for one minute.
4. Immediately stir to combine all ingredients until smooth. Using the ratio instructions on the back of the Club House box, create your first colour by adding the appropriate drops to the marshmallow mixture and combining thoroughly until a desired solid colour forms.
5. Stir in 1.25 cups of Rice Krispies and mix using a greased spatula until cereal is fully coated by the marshmallow mixture.
6. Press mixture evenly into the greased loaf pan using a greased spatula to avoid sticking.
7. Rinse out the bowl and repeat steps 1-6 five more times.
8. Once you have completed all of the colours and pressed them into the pan, put it in the fridge for at least two hours to firm up.
9. Remove from pan and slice into squares.