Matcha Rice Krispie Treats
Matcha powder has been around for nearly 1000 years and is still known today for its incredible health benefits. Powdered matcha contains antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals that deliver health benefits unlike any other food, drink, or traditional green tea. It is known to lower cholesterol, reduce the effects of stress, promotes weight loss, naturally detoxifies your body and boosts energy, just to name a few. To learn more about the amazing health benefits from matcha powder, click on the image.
Did you know, Samurai warriors consumed matcha before battle to gain mental alertness and clarity - how cool is that?!
Matcha Kari produces high quality matcha from the hillsides of Uji, Japan. Tea produced in the Uji region is prized for its bright colour and rich flavor and is often considered Japan’s best. The green tea plants are shaded, hand-picked, stone-ground and freshly sealed for maximum flavour.
To boost the nutrition and add matcha flavour to a classic rice krispie treat, I’ve used the beautiful and bright Matcha Kari First Harvest Matcha Powder. To learn more about this product, click the image below.
Matcha Rice Krispie Treats:
1.5 tablespoons of butter
3 cups of Rice Krispies
1/4 teaspoons of vanilla
1-1.5 teaspoon of matcha powder
1. Melt marshmallows and butter in a bowl. I microwaved it for 30 seconds, stirred it, then microwaved it for another 20 seconds.
2. Stir until they are well combined. Add Rice Krispies, vanilla and matcha powder. Stir until well combined.
3. Grease a 7x5 dish and press the mixture into a bowl using a piece of parchment paper or greased fingers to avoid a sticky mess.
4. Refrigerate for at least two hour.
5. Cut into squares and enjoy with an iced matcha latte.
What are your favourite ways to incorporate matcha into your daily routine? Let me know in the comments below!