Hemp Heart Chocolate Chip Cookies
You will love this cookie recipe not only for its dense, chewy and crisp textures, but also for its high protein, iron, zinc, magnesium and omega 3 & 6 benefits from the added hemp hearts. Hemp hearts have a mild and nutty flavour that are the perfect addition to smoothies, salads, yogourt or cookies! Despite being part of the same plant species as marijuana, you will not get high from consuming hemp hearts as they contain less than 0.001% THC. The only magical thing about these cookies is the delicious taste and texture.
Hemp Heart Chocolate Chip Cookies:
1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
1/2 cup of cane sugar
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 egg or 1 flax egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1⁄4 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of plant-based milk
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of tiger nut flour
3/4 cups of dairy-free chocolate chips
1/2 cup of hemp hearts, plus extra for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cream together the butter, cane sugar, and coconut sugar until smooth.
3. Add the egg, then stir in the vanilla.
4. Add baking soda and salt. Combine thoroughly.
5. Stir in ﬂours, chocolate chips, and hemp hearts.
6. Drop by large spoonful’s onto pans lined with parchment paper.
7. Top with extra hemp hearts.
8. Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown. They may not look baked enough, but they will set as they cool.
Click the image below to learn more about Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts