Apple Cider Baked Donuts
Updated: Mar 16, 2021
If you are anything like me, you love Autumn flavours all year round. There is something so warm and cozy about baked apples, whether that is in a pie, muffin, or baked donuts. Apples are also a versatile fruit that can add a lot of natural sweetness to a dessert. Applesauce can even act as an egg replacement.
These Apple Cider Donuts are dense, moist and have a strong apple flavour with the shredded apples, applesauce and apple cider vinegar. The quinoa flour balances it all out perfectly adding a nutty flavour to bring it all together.
Apple Cider Donuts
2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 cup of quinoa flour
4 teaspoons of baking powder
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of maple syrup
1/2 cup of plant based milk
1/4 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
5 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
1.5 cups of shredded apples
Dehydrated apple chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease your donut pan.
2. Mix dry ingredients together until well combined.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Combine well.
4. Fill each donut crevice 3/4 full. Top each donut with an apple chip.
5. Bake for 13 minutes.
6. Let donuts cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them to finish cooling off.
Do you enjoy Autumn flavours year round or do you prefer them only in Autumn? Let me know in the comment section below!